1. Home »
  2. Washington

Washington Registered Agent Services (7)

Updated on April 29, 2024

A Washington registered agent is a person or business authorized to receive official documents on behalf of a registered entity.[1] The agent must have a street address in Washington. Every corporation must continuously maintain a registered agent.[2]

Top Registered Agents (7)

CompanyPrice ($)Document ScanningAgent Change FeeAnnual Renewal FeeMobile App?

4.7 out of 5 – 13,467 reviews
$99/yearYes$0$0iOS | Android

4.7 out of 5 – 15,944 reviews
Harbor Compliance

4.0 out of 5 – 17 reviews
Northwest Registered Agent

3.5 out of 5 – 62 reviews
InCorp Services

2.2 out of 5 – 16 reviews
CT Corporation

1.8 out of 5 – 16 reviews
Washington Registered Agent

0 reviews

*We collect affiliate fees from this company. Pricing is $99 for the first year and $199 for renewal.

Registered Agent Search

Step 1 – Visit the state’s Corporations and Charities Filing System.

Step 2 – Scroll down and click “Advanced Search.”

Step 3 – Search for the registered agent by name or address, then click “Search.”

Step 4 – Click the business name associated with the correct agent.

Step 5 – Review information about the agent, including name and address.

Who can be a Registered Agent?

A commercial registered agent is a corporation that files a listing on the Corporations and Filing System. A noncommercial agent can be any person or business with a Washington address who consents to receiving mail on behalf of a business.[3]

Can I be a Registered Agent?

Yes, if you consent to receive all legal mail on behalf of a business.[4]

Most businesses appoint their agents when they file their formation documents. To form a business in Washington, use the Business Licensing Wizard.

Changing a Registered Agent

To change the registered agent for a business registered with the Washington Secretary of State, file a Statement of Change online.[5] There is no filing fee. Another way to change the agent is to include a new agent’s information in an annual report.

Statement of Change

Download: PDF


Resigning as a Registered Agent

A registered agent may resign by delivering a completed Statement of Resignation to the Secretary of State.[6] A resignation statement can also be filed online using the Corporations and Charities Filing System (CCFS). There is no filing fee.

Statement of Resignation

Download: PDF



  1. RCW 23.95.105(35)
  2. RCW 23B.05.010
  3. RCW 23.95
  4. Registered Agent FAQ
  5. RCW 23B.05.020
  6. RCW 23.95.445