1. Home »
  2. Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania Registered Agent Services (7)

Updated on April 22, 2024

Pennsylvania does not require corporations to have registered agents. Corporations are, however, required to have a registered office on file. The state allows corporations that do not have a physical street address to use commercial registered office providers, known as CROPs.[1]

Top Registered Agents (7)

CompanyPrice ($)Document ScanningAgent Change FeeAnnual Renewal FeeMobile App?

4.7 out of 5 – 13,467 reviews
$99/yearYes$0$0iOS | Android

4.7 out of 5 – 15,944 reviews
Harbor Compliance

4.0 out of 5 – 17 reviews
Northwest Registered Agent

3.5 out of 5 – 62 reviews
InCorp Services

2.2 out of 5 – 16 reviews
CT Corporation

1.8 out of 5 – 16 reviews
Pennsylvania Registered Agent

0 reviews

*We collect affiliate fees from this company. Pricing is $99 for the first year and $199 for renewal.

CROP Search

Step 1 – Visit the Department of State’s CROP database to search a list of available CROPs.

Step 2 – Scroll down to choose a county.

Step 3 – Review the alphabetical list of CROPs on file with the Pennsylvania Department of State.

Who can be a CROP?

Typically, states require corporations to designate a registered agent, whose purpose is to receive official documents and service of process on the corporation’s behalf. In Pennsylvania, though, agents are not required by state law.

However, state law requires corporations registered in Pennsylvania to have a street address or rural route box number.[2] Post office boxes are not sufficient. For corporations that don’t have a street address, the state allows agents to act as CROPs. 

A CROP must agree to act for a corporation. If a corporation lists a CROP in its business filings without having entered into a formal agreement with that CROP, the corporation could be subject to civil and criminal penalties.

The state does not require corporations to designate CROPs as part of the business registration process.

Can I be a CROP?

A CROP can be a domestic or foreign business registered in Pennsylvania. The provider must file with the department a statement indicating its name, entity type, address, and a statement that it is “in the business of maintaining registered offices.”[3]

Changing a Registered Office

To change a registered office, file Form DSCB:15-108 with the Department of State.[4] Complete the form and send it, together with payment for the $5 filing fee, to the Bureau of Corporations and Charitable Organizations P.O. Box 8722 Harrisburg, PA 17105-8722.

Change of Registered Office

Download: PDF



  1. FAQs
  2. 15 Pa.C.S. § 109(b)
  3. 15 Pa.C.S. § 109
  4. 15 Pa.C.S. § 1507