1. Home »
  2. Hawaii

Hawaii Registered Agent Services (7)

Updated on February 15, 2024

A Hawaii registered agent is responsible for receiving service of process, notices, and other legal documents on behalf of a business. Every corporation operating in Hawaii must maintain a registered agent. The agent can be either an individual or an entity authorized to do business in Hawaii.

Top Registered Agents (7)

CompanyPrice ($)Document ScanningAgent Change FeeAnnual Renewal FeeMobile App?

4.7 out of 5 – 13,467 reviews
$99/yearYes$0$0iOS | Android

4.7 out of 5 – 15,944 reviews
Harbor Compliance

4.0 out of 5 – 17 reviews
Northwest Registered Agent

3.5 out of 5 – 62 reviews
InCorp Services

2.2 out of 5 – 16 reviews
Cape Project Management

0 reviews
Hawaii Registered Agent

0 reviews

*We collect affiliate fees from this company. Pricing is $99 for the first year and $199 for renewal.

Registered Agent Search

Step 1 – Visit the Registered Agent Search engine developed by the Business Registration Division and the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs. Click on “Go to Website.”

Step 2 – Enter the name of the registered agent. Click “Search.”

Step 3 – Scroll through the list and find the appropriate agent. Click the checkbox to select an agent.

Step 4 – Log in to purchase information about that agent. Most documents cost five cents.

Step 5 – Create an eHawaii.gov account by clicking on “Create an account” in order to purchase the information. If you already have an account, enter your email and password, then click “Log In.”

Who can be a Registered Agent?

State law requires every corporation in Hawaii to maintain a registered agent with a business address in Hawaii.[1] The registered agent must be willing and able to forward any process, notice, or demand to the corporation the agent represents.[2]

Can I be a Registered Agent?

Yes, provided you are a resident of Hawaii or a business authorized to transact business in Hawaii.

The simplest way to designate a corporation’s registered agent is to include the agent’s name in the forms filed to create the corporation. These forms can be accessed and submitted online or by downloading, completing, and filing one of the paper forms below.

Domestic Profit Corporations

Foreign Profit Corporations

  • Foreign Profit/Nonprofit Corporation: Form FC-1

Domestic Nonprofit Corporations


Limited Liability Corporations

Completed forms and payment for a filing fee can be mailed to P.O. Box 40, Honolulu, HI 96810, or delivered to 335 Merchant Street, Room 201, Honolulu, HI 96813. Alternatively, forms can be emailed to breg-doci-filing@dcca.hawaii.gov or faxed to (808) 586-2733.

Checks should be made payable to the Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs.

Changing a Registered Agent

To change a corporation’s registered entity, complete and file a Hawaii Statement of Change of Registered Agent (Form X-7).[3][4]

Registered Agent Statement of Resignation (Form X-7)

Download: PDF


Resigning as a Registered Agent

A registered agent can resign at any time, regardless of the entity’s status, by filing a Statement of Resignation of Registered Agent (Form X-9). The resignation takes effect on either the 31st day after the statement is filed or the appointment of a new agent, whichever comes first.[5][6]

Registered Agent Statement of Resignation (Form X-9)

Download: PDF



  1. HRS § 428-107
  2. HRS § 425R-11
  3. HRS § 428-108
  4. HRS § 425R-7
  5. HRS § 428-109
  6. HRS § 425R-10